A Chester County school district is among the best places for families looking for good schools and affordable homes, a new survey says.
The online brokerage company ZipRealty compiled its rankings by evaluating the quality of schools in the district (based on test data and student-teacher ratios) and the median price per square foot for homes sold.
According to its methodology, the top 10 school districts with the most affordable housing are:
1. Westonka Public Schools (Minneapolis area)
2. Geneva Community Unit School District 304 (Chicago area)
3. Lake Oswego School District (Portland area)
4. Tredyffrin/Easttown School District (Philadelphia area - Chester County)
5. Eans Independent School District (Austin area)
6. Briarcliff Manor Union Free School District (Westchester, N.Y.)
7. Highland Park Independent School District (Dallas area)
8. Mercer Island School District (Seattle area)
9. Lexington School District (Boston area)
10. Irvine Unified School District (Orange County, Calif.)