15 Eagles-related draft predictions, some bolder than others
As the NFL Draft draws closer and closer, here are 15 predictions to kill a few minutes of your day.
• (1) The Eagles will draft Marqise Lee in the first round.
• (2) The two most likely positions the Eagles will draft in the first round are WR and CB.
• (3) In terms of trading up, trading back or staying put, I believe the following is the most likely, in order:
a) Stay put.
b) Trade back.
c) Trade up.
• (4) The Eagles will draft as many, or more, offensive players than defensive players.
• (5) If the Eagles draft a CB in the first round, it will be Ohio State's Bradley Roby.
• (6) Nick Foles will not be traded over the next three days. (I know... Seems obvious, but people are buying into that theory).
• (7) Brandon Graham WILL be traded over the next three days.
• (8) The Eagles will not trade Vinny Curry, Bryce Brown, Matt Barkley or Evan Mathis.
• (9) Dion Jordan will not be an Eagle by the time the weekend is over. That's not because the Eagles don't want him, but rather because the Dolphins should have no motivation to deal him for anything short of a robust package of picks, which the Eagles don't have.
• (10) The Eagles will not draft Johnny Manziel (or any QB for that matter) at 22.
• (11) The Eagles will not trade up for a WR. The only player worth trading up for is Anthony Barr, and mayyyyybe Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, if they only have to move up a spot or two and it doesn't cost them much.
• (12) A very good player will fall to 22 if the Eagles just sit tight.
• (13) The Eagles will draft a running back or tight end (two positions where they're already strong) at some point during the draft.
• (14) If the cameras show Jerry Jones and Co. celebrating in the Cowboys war room when they're on the clock, it will be a terrible pick.
• (15) The Eagles will proudly say they got the guy they wanted all along.
Follow Jimmy on Twitter: @JimmyKempski