Five things you need to know about the Flyers today
Five things to know today about the Flyers (19-11-3), who will host Peter Laviolette's Nashville Predators (13-12-5) on Monday:
1. Now that their 10-game winning streak is over, the Flyers have set their sights on finishing strong before their Christmas break. Jake Voracek said the team's goal is to get at least five points in their three games before the holiday break: vs. Nashville, Washington, and New Jersey.
2. In Saturday's 3-1 loss in Dallas, Taylor Leier became the fourth Flyer to record his first NHL goal this season. The others: Travis Konecny, Ivan Provorov, and Roman Lyubimov. Overall, Leier became the 419th player in Flyers history to score a goal, according to Brian Smith, the club's public-relations guru.
3. During the 10 straight wins, Provorov led the Flyers in ice time, averaging 22:01.
4. The streak-ending loss to Dallas was the first time the Flyers didn't get a point from one of their defensemen in the last 11 games. The defensemen have combined for an NHL-high 86 points and have scored at least a point in 29 of 33 games.
5. During their streak, the Flyers averaged 3.50 goals and allowed only 2.20.