Five things to know about the Flyers today
Five things to know about the Flyers (20-13-4) today as they play in San Jose (22-12-1) on Friday night:
1. The teams are going in different directions. San Jose, which leads the Pacific Division, has won three straight and seven of its last eight games. The Flyers have lost four of five (1-3-1) since their 10-game winning streak.
2. The Flyers, who went 0-3 in their first post-holiday road trip last year, need a bounce-back game from their top pairing of Ivan Provorov and Andrew MacDonald. They struggled in Wednesday's 6-3 loss in St. Louis.
3. Steve Mason has allowed seven goals in the last four periods. Will Dave Hakstol turn to rookie Anthony Stolarz?
4. The Flyers' defensemen failed to clear bodies in front of the net Wednesday. For that reason, Brandon Manning might return to the lineup against a big-bodied San Jose team.
5. The Flyers lead the NHL in missed shots with 506, an average of 13.7 per game.