Five things to know about the Flyers today
Five things to know today about the Flyers (19-11-3), who host Nashville (13-12-5) on Monday night and try to start another winning streak.
1. The Flyers are trying to bounce back from Saturday's 3-1 loss in Dallas, a defeat that snapped their 10-game winning streak. During their streak, the Flyers were 9 for 45 on the power play and their opponents went 4 for 28.
2. Nashville is just 2-4-2 this month, including a 4-2 home loss to the Flyers on Dec. 4. The Predators' Pekka Rinne, who is 12-8 with 2.50 GAA and .916 save percentage, is expected to face Steve Mason (13-9, 2.76, .905).
3. Flyers left winger Travis Konecny is goal-less in his last 18 games but played well during that stretch, setting up numerous scoring chances. He is fifth among NHL among rookies with 12 assists.
4. The Flyers are 11-5-1 at home; Nashville is 3-9-2 on the road.
5. The Flyers are fourth in the NHL, averaging 3.12 goals per game, while Nashville is seventh (2.90 per game)