Five things you need to know about the 76ers today:
1. The Sixers are actually expected to win this evening's game against the Brooklyn Nets. They are 2 ½-point favorites.
2. Joel Embiid's scoring has been on the decline since the Sixers began starting Jahlil Okafor with him in a twin towers set two games ago. He had averaged 18.2 points before the Sixers went to that lineup. Now, he's averaging 17.5 after posting a season-low nine points followed by 15.
3. Sixers coach Brett Brown is aware that starting Embiid and Okafor together has been a disaster. However, the Sixers don't want to give up on the pairing after only two games.
4. This is the anniversary of one of Allen Iverson's 11 career 50-point performances. He finished with 54 points, eight rebounds, five assists and two steals in a win over the Milwaukee Bucks on Dec. 18, 2004.
5. T.J. McConnell continues to show why the Sixers believe he's a capable reserve guard in the NBA. He has led the team in steals 10 times and in assists on eight occasions.