Five things you need to know about the 76ers today
1. The Sixers really need to rethink sliding Joel Embiid to power forward in their twin tower sets. The 7-foot-2, 275-pounder looked out of sync in Wednesday's loss to the Toronto Raptors. He did a lot of standing around en route to taking just six shots and scoring a season-low nine points.
2. No matter how good or bad the Sixers play, you can always depend on them passing the ball. They have recorded 29 or more assists in four games this season. The fourth was Wednesday's setback.
3. Jahlil Okafor has reached the legal drinking age. The reserve center turned 21 today.
4. The experiment to switch power forward Dario Saric to small forward has hit a major snag. The Sixers rookie kept getting abused by the Raptors small forwards he attempted to guard.
5. T.J. McConnell is making the most of his limited time on the court. The reserve point guard is averaging 4.6 assists in 19.2 minutes. He's the only NBA player to average at least 4.5 assists in fewer than 20 minutes.