Five things you need to know about the 76ers today:
1. At 14-26, the Sixers have a better record than the Dallas Mavericks (14-27), Minnesota Timberwolves (14-28), Los Angeles Lakers (15-31), Phoenix Suns (13-28), Miami Heat (12-30) and Brooklyn Nets (8-33).
2. This really has been a Happy New Year for the Sixers. Their record of 6-2 gives them a better January record than the elite teams, Houston Rockets (7-3), Cleveland Cavaliers (4-4), San Antonio Spurs (5-3) and Oklahoma City Thunder (4-6), have.
3. Joel Embiid is the first rookie to score 20 or more points in 10 consecutive games since Los Angeles Clippers power forward Blake Griffin in 2010-11. Back then, Griffin did it in 14 straight games.
4. Embiid has scored 20 or more points on 18 occasions. That's five more times than all of the other rookies combined.
5. Reserve power forward Dario Saric leads all rookies in rebounds with 237. Embiid is second with 225.