Five things you need to know about the 76ers today
- This is one of the dates that made Sixers center Darryl Dawkins famous. Back on Nov. 13, 1979, he shattered a backboard on a dunk during the Sixers' loss at Kansas City.
- The Sixers head into Monday's game at the Houston Rockets with 19 consecutive road losses, dating to last season. Their last road win was a 96-87 victory over the Orlando Magic at the Amway Center on Jan. 20.
- Houston Rockets point guard James Harden usually dominates the Sixers, and last season was no different. He averaged 39.5 points, 9.0 rebounds and 8.0 assists but also 6.5 turnovers against them.
- Robert Covington averaged 22.5 points 7.0 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 6.0 steals against the Rockets, his former team, last season. He shot 52.9 percent on threes against them.
- After sweeping the Rockets in the two games played during the 2010-11 season, the Sixers have lost seven of the past nine meetings.