Five things you need to know about the 76ers today:
- Joel Embiid will receive all the attention he ever wanted and then some tomorrow night. That's when the Sixers center will take on Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns in a much-anticipated one-on-one affair.
- Embiid and Dario Saric rank first and second on the rookie scoring list – sort of. Embiid leads all rookies with a scoring average of 18 points and Saric is tied with New Orleans Pelicans guard Buddy Hield at 9.7
- Embiid is the only rookie with multiple double-doubles this season. Oklahoma City power forward Domantas Sabonis and Saric have one each.
- Since we are on that subject, I want to mention that today is the anniversary of one of Charles Barkley's memorable double-doubles. He finished with 42 points and 17 rebounds in a victory over the Chicago Bulls on Nov. 16, 1988.
- The Sixers have lost six straight games to tonight's opponent, the Washington Wizards.