No one from Bill Cosby's team, including the usual spokesperson, attorney Martin Singer, has yet to issue a statement after the unsealing of court documents in which Cosby admitted to giving a woman Quaaludes before having sex with her. Some of Cosby's 40-plus sexual assault accusers, though, are speaking out and calling the released documents a form of vindication.
On Monday night, following release of the documents, Cosby accusers Barbara Bowman and Joan Tarshis spoke to Don Lemon on "CNN Tonight."
"It's huge," Bowman said of the documents' revelations, smiling.
"I'm just so relieved that the truth has come out," Tarshis added, appearing on the network via Skype. Tarshis said she was drugged and raped by Cosby twice when she was 19.
Bowman claims she was drugged and raped in 1985 by then-beloved comedian Cosby when she was 17. She said in a Washington Post op-ed that Cosby "brainwashed me into viewing him as a father figure, and then assaulted me multiple times." She was called to testify as a Jane Doe years later in the 2005 civil lawsuit filed by Andrea Constand, the case from which the depositional documents were recently unsealed.
"No one believed me when it first happened to me when I was 17, 18 and 19, and they weren't listening again in 2005," Bowman said of the Constand suit. "It is a game changer and it's about time."
Bowman echoed those sentiments Tuesday on MSNBC's "All In With Chris Hayes," saying the tangible evidence against Cosby brought her "elation and relief and hope for the future."
Joining Bowman on MSNBC was another Cosby sexual assault accuser, PJ Masten. She said the events detailed in the documents echoed her own experience with the disgraced television star. Both women believed the documents brought relief not only to them, but also to the dozens of other women, some still Jane Does, who were allegedly attacked by Cosby.
When asked what she'd like to see happen to Cosby, Matsen said, "I'd like to see his star taken off the Hollywood Walk of Fame, I'd like to see his statues taken off of Disney properties; I'd like to see him held accountable for all the rapes that he did to all these women."
Two former supermodels, Janice Dickinson and Beverly Johnson, were some of the more high-profile Cosby accusers who stepped forward after Cosby's alleged crimes resurfaced in late 2014. On Tuesday night, the two spoke separately on different TV programs about their feelings about the newly released documents.
Dickinson, who alleges Cosby assaulted her in 1982, spoke on "Entertainment Tonight." Aside from being asked about what she wants to tell to Cosby (to which she answered, "Just stop, cut off your testicles and your penis."), Dickinson was also asked about her reaction to Whoopi Goldberg's comments after the revelation of the court documents. Earlier Tuesday, Goldberg spoke on "The View," about Cosby, saying, "I say this because this is my opinion and in America, still, I know it's a shock, we're actually innocent until proven guilty. He has not been proven."
In response, Dickinson said, "My reaction to that is, 'What is wrong with you, Whoopi Goldberg? How dare you sit there on The View? You need to be fired, you stupid woman.' I used to respect her."
The same night on ABC News, Johnson said of the unsealed court documents, "I am happy for the women; I see that a lot of them are relieved and feel vindicated and validated and that's good. Perhaps now maybe we can all start a healing process."
The Associated Press obtained previously sealed court documents from a deposition in the Andrea Constand case on Monday. The documents were unsealed after a judge deemed Cosby enough of a public figure for his actions to be relevant to the public good.