GM woes, the end of the worst
"I believe that our membership understands. They get it." - Ray Wood, union president at a Toledo, Ohio, transmission factory, on contract concessions at General Motors Corp.
"I believe that our membership understands. They get it."
- Ray Wood, union president at a Toledo, Ohio, transmission factory, on contract concessions at General Motors Corp.
"Major deficit spending, inflationary pressures with the weak dollar, no signs anyone wants to stop spending, on top of the greatest financial crises in modern history."
- Brian Edmonds, head of interest rates in New York at Cantor Fitzgerald L.P., on reasons U.S. bond yields rose
"The worst of it is probably coming to an end."
- Stephen King,
chief economist at HSBC Holdings P.L.C., on the world economy
"I put together a business plan, and I convinced myself these papers could be self-sufficient with a little bit of capitalization and a couple years' time."
- Jim Foster, publisher of the new Germantown Chronicle and Mount Airy Independent newspapers
"There is a phenomenon in this recession of people losing their houses and moving in with their families."
- Time Warner Cable Inc. chief executive officer Glenn Britt, on a slowdown related to home vacancies
"This is a David-vs.-Goliath issue. Two thirds of the airport is in Tinicum Township. Now they want more."
- Michael Messina, president of the Tinicum Township commissioners, on expansion plans at Philadelphia International Airport