"If he was a king, he would deliver that, but he's not king."
- Dallas Salisbury, of the Employee Benefit Research Institute, on President Obama's promise that his health-care plan will let people keep existing coverage
"We don't know what he's got, but what he's got is going to be ours."
- HealthSouth Corp. chief executive officer Jay Grinney, on the company's former CEO, Richard Scrushy, being found liable to pay shareholders over a massive accounting fraud
"They're under attack, they're ramping up their operations, and they've got money to spend."
- Tyson Slocum, at watchdog group Public Citizen, on lobbying efforts by the oil and gas industry
"This is a broken business, and it doesn't work."
- US Airways Group Inc. CEO Doug Parker, on why airlines need to consolidate
"This treaty will increase our ability to enforce our tax law and will help bring an end to an era of offshore accounts and investments being used for tax evasion."
- Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, on a crackdown agreement with Switzerland
"We don't see any indication things are improving."
- Nick Ariano, of Philadelphia chemical firm Harry Miller Corp.
"Donald is the ultimate brand."
- Atlantic City visitor Pete Walmsley, on news that Donald Trump wants to get back control of Trump Entertainment Resorts Inc.
"Consumer protection is an oxymoron."
- Gerry Banmiller,
CEO of 1st Colonial National Bank, on Obama's plan to establish a Consumer Financial Protection Agency