GHOULISH OR NOT, the contents of the home where Michael Jackson died sold for around $1 million at auction Saturday, nearly triple the Julien's Auctions' preshow
estimate of $200,000 to $400,000.
Among the highlights: A kitchen chalkboard on which MJ's children wrote, "I love daddy," sold for $5,000, and an armoire upon which he wrote a message to himself on the mirror nabbed $25,750.
The auction also included furniture, artwork and other items from the rented mansion at 100 N. Carolwood Drive.
The headboard from the bed where Michael died at age 50 was removed from the auction at the family's request, but the rug that was beneath the bed sold for $15,360, beating its preauction estimate by a little less than $15,000.
But Michael walked on the rug! Maybe he left some lint.
Julien's re-created the mansion inside its Beverly Hills showroom and invited fans to fill the space where the bed would have been with a shrine to Michael. Darren Julien promised to deliver all of the tribute items to Michael's mother and children.
* In other auction news, Reuters reports that Elizabeth Taylor's script for "National Velvet" sold to an anonymous buyer for $170,500 on Friday.
Christie's auctioneers said the 1944 script, bound in lilac leather, was estimated to sell for $2,500.
Sales of Taylor items were $4.4 million - just on Friday! The late actress's jewelry fetched a total of $116 million earlier last week, and total sales of Taylor tchotchkes topped $150 million Saturday with one day of online selling still to go.
Tupac sex tape
A private collector has stepped up to purchase
's 1991 sex tape, TMZ.com reports, thus removing it from the marketplace.
Inside sources told TMZ that the former tape owner claimed the corporate-porn fat cats were "parasites" and he/she decided not to sell to them out of principle.
Alas, that principle clashed with the principle of just burning the tape and not profiting off it at all.
"Access Hollywood" reported that
and her fiance,
, partied at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas on Friday to celebrate their engagement and
The couple dined at Sugar Factory American Brasserie then VIP'd it up at Chateau Nightclub.
"Tonight was one of the most magical nights of my life," Britney tweeted early Saturday morning.
* "Dancing with the Stars" winner J.R. Martinez isn't merely a whiz at the rumba and the cha-cha, he's also proficient in the horizontal hula, the lateral lambada and the between-the-sheets shimmy.
People magazine reported that he and his girlfriend, Diana González-Jones, are expecting their first child, a girl, in the spring.
* Hugh Hefner tweeted yesterday that "the Lindsay Lohan January-February Double Issue is breaking sales records," but CNN isn't necessarily buying it.
The news network called a dozen newsstands in Los Angeles, Chicago, New York and Atlanta yesterday and found only one that was sold out of Playboy.
* People also reports that Backstreet Boy A.J. McLean married longtime girlfriend Rochelle DeAnna Karidis on Saturday at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
If this were the 1990s, a lot of young women would be very upset right now.
* The National Enquirer says Kim Kardashian's psoriasis has flared up.
Tattle simply thought you needed to know so your day would be complete.
- Daily News wire services
contributed to this report.