PHILLY'S GETTING more fashionable all right. Here's how to get in the industry - and in the know.
* Look no further than Queen Village for the finger-snappin' snark and wisdom of fashion and entertainment bloggers extraordinaire Tom + Lorenzo, a/k/a Lorenzo Marquez and Tom Fitzgerald. Find your daily fashion kicks and fix at tomandlorenzo.com.
* The Philadelphia Fashion Incubator at Macy's is accepting applications for the next group of designers-in-residence. This free, yearlong program schools aspiring designers in all aspects of the biz and offers invaluable contacts. More details at philadelphiafashionincubator.com.
* Some local colleges with fashion programs: Philadelphia University, Drexel University, the Art Institute of Philadelphia, Moore College of Art & Design, Immaculata University and Temple University.
Philly's fashion lineup
* Phashion Phest, started in 1994 by Sharon Phillips Waxman. phashionphest.com.
* The Philadelphia Collection, started in 2010 as a joint effort by the city, the Center City District and the Philadelphia Retail Marketing Alliance. thephiladelphiacollection.org.
* 17 . . . Days of Fashion, started in 2010 by celebrity fashion stylist Anthony Henderson. 17daysoffashion.com.
* Philly Fashion Week, started in 2007 by Kevin Parker and Kerry Scott of FBH-the Agency. Held in February. Annual fall fashion week events are part of The Philadelphia Collection. phillyfashionweek.org.
- Jenice Armstrong