1. Amazon.com has launched a wearable technology store with activity trackers, smart watches and cameras from established brands Samsung, Jawbone and GoPro, plus emerging makers like Basis, Misfit, Narrative and Bionym.
2. Philly-based World Wide Stereo jumps into the mobile-phone business with the special-edition HTC One (M8) Harmon Kardon, which tweaks an already good-sounding phone with a high-end audio converter and HK's Clari-Fi high-frequency restorer. Also has six months free Spotify premium service, as do all Sprint smartphones.
3. Samsung is giving away a USB hard disk preloaded with five Ultra HD movies and three nature documentaries to buyers of its HU9000 series 4K resolution TVs. The deal expires June 30.
4. Come June, Microsoft jumps into the nongaming-content biz with Xbox Originals - dramas, comedies, documentaries, animation, unscripted shows and live events. All to entice consumers to make Xbox One and 360 consoles their "all-in-one entertainment device."
5. $379 is the new $1,000 when it comes to PCs, with Acer's new hybrid Aspire Switch 10 notebook with detachable 10.1-inch tablet.