Fitness junkies will testify that the right song can distract you from the burn that invades your muscles or the fatigue that threatens to undo your final set. That's why we're helping you upgrade your workout playlists with favorite picks from Philadelphia's top fitness instructors.
This week, Lithe Method founder Lauren Boggi shares her tips for crafting playlists that her clients (hey, Lithers!) love to sweat to.
Boggi's cult-like classes are a blend of muscle-shaking cardiovascular, cheerleading-inspired aerobic, and strength training exercises. (Think dance, Pilates, yoga, and weight training, all wrapped into one!) And if you've ever glimpsed a Lithe Method class, you know there is no way those women are having that much fun sweating without a little help from an awesome playlist.
"I think the best playlists are equal parts upbeat and sing-along-worthy, complemented by a dash of surprise," says Boggi. "If a playlist makes me feel sexy, and gives me the chills then it's perfect for my clientele."
Want to sweat like a Lither? Here are the 12 songs currently energizing Boggi's classes:
- "Needy Girl" by Chromeo
- "Wanna Love You Girl" by Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell Willams
- "Happy" by Pharrell Williams
- "What's My Name" by Rihanna ft. Drake
- "She Doesn't Mind" by Sean Paul
- "Don't Tease Me" by Sean Paul
- "What's Up Suckaz" by TJR *
- "Lights & Thunder" Gareth Emery
- "Body Ache" (Deluxe Version) by Britney Spears
- "Heavy Cosmic Groove" by Rock Tits DJ *
- "After the Disco" by Broken Bells
- "Harlem" by Cathedrals