WHO COULD be the next 76ers mascot? Here are suggestions from Peter Mucha of the philly.com Breaking News Desk:
* The Valley Forger. He's a blacksmith with a hammer like Thor
- and part-time counterfeiter.
* Buttsy Ross. A big-horned goat who bumps into players who
don't bust it.
* Scars and Stripes. Big wounded tiger. Grrr.
* Duck Laration. He quacks for independence with his Bill of
Rights (and looks nothing like an amphibious vehicle).
* Billy Pennguin! Come on! Cute! Wholesome! Philly! Dresses
like a Quaker.
* The Mummy-er. Bandage-covered banjo player makes big
entrance from a coffin.
* Mobster Lobster. Has a little sidekick called Crab Fries.
* Zom B. Franklin. He got torched flying a kite, and now he's the
* Crocky! He's a crocodile with boxing gloves! Strike up the
movie-theme music and invite Stallone to a sparring match!