TEMPLE FOOTBALL player Kamal Johnson posted bail Saturday on charges that he allegedly punched his girlfriend and held her captive for more than three hours.

Johnson's girlfriend, a 21-year-old Temple student, told police that Johnson came to her apartment on 15th Street near Oxford shortly before midnight Sept. 27, after they had argued on the phone.

Johnson, a defensive tackle, forced his way inside and demanded to see her phone, police said. When she refused, he allegedly grabbed her, forced her into the hallway and dragged her down to his sixth-floor apartment.

While there, Johnson, who is 6 feet 4 and 295 pounds, accused her of cheating on him and punched her once in the back and threw her to the floor, where she hit her head, police said.

Then Johnson allegedly forced her into his bedroom and made her sit in a chair for hours. Shortly before 4 a.m., she asked Johnson if she could leave, and he finally agreed, police said.

The alleged assault happened at the Edge, a building where Temple rents several floors because the demand for student housing outweighs the supply.

The woman reported the incident to police on Thursday and told officers that Johnson had been abusive during their three-year relationship.

Police said that she suffered scratches, bruising and a contusion on her head, and that it made her dizzy and blurred her vision.

"My head was hurting so bad, and then when I wiped my neck, I realized I was bleeding," she told NBC 10, describing what she said happened that night. "I asked him if I could go to the bathroom. He told me, 'No. You're going to sit right there.' "

She told NBC 10 that she did not seek medical treatment.

Johnson, of Willingboro, N.J., turned himself in at the Central Detective Division on Friday. He was charged with kidnapping, unlawful restraint, simple assault, recklessly endangering another person and related offenses. Bail was set at $25,000.

Johnson had started in Temple's first two games this season against Villanova and Maryland. Temple coach Steve Addazio had no comment on Johnson's arrest or his status with the team after Saturday's 37-28 win against South Florida.

Temple University spokesman Ray Betzner said that the university was not making any statement about the matter.

Johnson could not be reached for comment.