THE ARCHDIOCESE of Philadelphia is set to auction off eight properties, including two former schools and three former convents in Philly, at a sale in Center City next month.
The Archdiocese is working with Max Spann Real Estate and Auction Co. to liquidate the properties, which will also include three large properties in Bucks and Montgomery counties.
Max Spann is also conducting an auction of more than 200 houses owned by the Philadelphia Housing Authority on July 16.
Some of the properties in the Archdiocese sale belong to individual parishes.
"Parish properties are being included as part of an effort to assist parishes seeking to sell," said Kenneth Gavin, director of communications for the archdiocese. "Assets from the sale of those properties would remain with the parishes."
The Archdiocese auction is set for 1 p.m. July 24 at the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown on 17th Street near Race.
* Former All Saints School and the All Saints Convent, both on Thompson Street near Buckius, Bridesburg.
* Former St. Bartholomew Convent, Harbison Avenue near Cheltenham Avenue, Wissinoming.
* Former St. Michael Business School on 2nd Street near Jefferson, North Philadelphia.
* Former Our Lady of Hope Convent in Tioga, on 19th Street near Tioga.
* A 48-acre parcel in Plumstead, Bucks County.
* A nearly 30-acre parcel in Harleysville, Montgomery County.
* A one-acre residential lot in Rydal, Montgomery County.