Eagles wide receiver Nelson Agholor will not face charges for the alleged sexual assault of an exotic dancer at a South Philadelphia strip club last month, prosecutors said Monday.

In a two-paragraph statement, District Attorney Seth Williams said: "Our staff and the police reached the conclusion that we lacked sufficient evidence to bring charges against Mr. Agholor."

He offered no further explanation, though spokesman Cameron Kline said later that investigators reviewed video evidence and interviewed witnesses who were at the club the day of the alleged assault, June 9.

Agholor's lawyer, Fortunato N. Perri, Jr., said Monday that he believed the District Attorney's Office and Philadelphia police had conducted a "full and exhaustive" investigation.

"We said from the outset that Nelson didn't commit a crime, and the result of the investigation now confirms the same conclusion," Perri said.

Police began investigating Agholor, 23, in June after a 27-year-old dancer at Cheerleaders Gentlemen's Club accused him of sexually assaulting her at the establishment. The alleged incident occurred around 3 p.m., about two hours after the Eagles' three-day minicamp ended.

Several of Agholor's Eagles teammates, including linebacker Connor Barwin and defensive end Fletcher Cox, were also at the club that afternoon, but Barwin said last month that he left around 2:30 p.m. and had "no knowledge about anything that happened" after that.

Agholor was the Eagles' first-round draft pick in 2015. The team had no comment on Monday's announcement by Williams.

Agholor was expected to report to Eagles training camp on July 27.

cpalmer@phillynews.com

215-854-2817

@cs_palmer

Staff writers Jeff McLane and Zach Berman contributed to this article.