Seven people were wounded, one critically, in three separate shootings Thursday night and early today in different parts of Philadelphia.

An eighths person - a 31-year-old man - also was killed in a shooting early today in West Oak Lane. Read the story here.

In the latest nonfatal shooting, four people were hit by gunfire about 2:30 a.m. during a dispute outside the Banana Lounge on the 5500 block of Rising Sun Avenue in Olney, police said.

The victims - a 25-year-old woman and three men, 27, 28 and 31 - all were are reported in stable condition with a variety of gunshot wounds at Albert Einstein Medical Center, police said.

Police were seeking at least one gunman who fled the scene.

A 52-year-old man described as innocent bystander was wounded in the knew in a hail of gunfire Thursday night while standing on the 900 block of Brown Street in North Philadelphia.

He was reported in stable condition at Hahnemann University Hospital.

Police said the man was hit during an apparent shootout at 8th and Brown, where police found 16 shell casings from two different handguns.

Police were seeking five young men seen running from the scene.

An 18-year-old man is reported in critical condition after he was shot at least three times by two gunmen about 8:45 p.m. on Myrtlewood Street near Master Street in Brewerytown.

An 18-year-old woman also suffered a graze wound.

Police said investigators believe the man was the intended target and that the shooting was sparked by an earlier argument, possibly about a woman.

He was struck in the stomach, arm and leg and was taken by police to to Hahnemann University Hospital, where he was listed in critical condition but is expected to survive.

The young woman, who police said was not the woman involved in the dispute, was treated at St. Joseph's Hospital.

Police said a camera at a corner business in the area may have captured the shooting.


Correction: This story earlier reported that four people were wounded in a shooting on 2700 block of North Gratz. That shooting was on April 3 and an arrest was made overnight.