A contentious court hearing ended yesterday after a Bellmawr man was sentenced to eight years in prison for possessing property stolen from former Eagles offensive lineman Jon Runyan.

Fabrizio Matrascia, 47, was convicted last month of three counts of receiving stolen property. He appeared yesterday in prison scrubs and cuffs.

"This is treason," Matrascia yelled at the judge, whose patience was tested by Matrascia's constant interruptions in which he insisted the court had no jurisdiction over him - "a live, living man."

Matrascia, burly and surrounded by four sheriff's deputies, represented himself during the 30-minute sentencing, as he did during the three-week trial before Superior Court Judge John T. Kelley in Camden.

The judge calmly noted Matrascia's objections and was forced to speak over Matrascia's booming rants.

At one point, court-appointed attorney Ralph Kramer, also large in stature, shouldered Matrascia to push him back to the defense side of the table after Matrascia sidled toward prosecutors.

Kramer had been appointed to assist Matrascia, but advised the court that his services had been declined. The gallery was filled with a handful of Matrascia's supporters and officials there to watch what promised to be a colorful hearing, as was the trial.

During the trial, Runyan was called as a witness and cross-examined by Matrascia.

Yesterday, there was no sign of Runyan, but the judge referenced him and Jason Perretti of Philadelphia, who both had trailers filled with expensive equipment stolen from them.

Runyan's belongings included a power washer, a snow blower, and an all-terrain vehicle that were reported stolen in July 2005.

Perretti's trailer, with similar equipment, was reported stolen in October 2004. The judge noted that Perretti's business basically crumbled after the theft.

Police recovered both trailers while executing a search warrant in April 2007 at Matrascia's property and the home of a friend. Investigators said the serial numbers had been filed off some items.

Assistant Prosecutor Kelly Testa yesterday asked for an enhanced sentence, which the judge declined.

The judge ordered that Matrascia, who has a lengthy criminal record, must serve at least four years before he can be considered for parole. Matrascia was also ordered to make restitution in the amounts of $2,800 to Runyan and $4,708 to Perretti.

Before deputies took Matrascia back to jail, he gestured toward the judge and others as he yelled, "God should visit you and your whole evil hordes."