Two Philadelphia men are in custody in connection with the robbery and assault of a 26-year-old man who was followed home to New Jersey after winning about $2,000 at SugarHouse Casino in October.

Christopher Featherstone, 22, of the 4500 block of North Mole Street, and David Riley, 20, of the 2100 block of South Opal Street, were arrested in Philadelphia Thursday. They face felony charges in Philadelphia and Cinnaminson, where the Oct. 16 crime occurred.

Police are still looking for a man who has yet to be identified.

The two are accused of jumping the victim outside his house, where they hit him in the head with a handgun.

Police said the robbers, two of whom were captured on casino surveillance cameras, most likely were listening to the victim as he talked about his winnings on his cell phone in a casino bathroom.

Featherstone, who police say had been hiding out in North Philadelphia, was arrested on an unrelated witness-intimidation charge and later interviewed by Cinnaminson police.

Riley was stopped while driving a gold Chevrolet Impala that police suspect was used in the attack. He was charged with the possession of a loaded handgun before being interviewed by Cinnaminson police.

Featherstone and Riley face charges in New Jersey including robbery, conspiracy to commit robbery, aggravated assault, possession of a handgun, and unlawful possession of a handgun.

They were jailed in Philadelphia pending extradition, Cinnaminson Detective Sgt. William K. Covert said. A preliminary hearing will be held in Philadelphia next week.

The victim, who was not identified, had gone out in Philadelphia that night with friends, police said. He arrived at SugarHouse about 3:30 a.m. and played blackjack.

He collected his winnings and was waiting for a cab about 5:30 a.m. when two men approached and chatted him up, even offering a ride. He declined and took a taxi.

He asked the taxi driver to drop him off a block from his home, and as he was walking, two armed men came up from behind and hit him in the head. They yelled, "Give it up," police said.

When one of the gunmen prepared to hit him again, the victim wrestled him to the ground and started screaming, "Call the police."

The men fled, and the victim dialed 911 on his cell phone about 6:30. He had a gash on his head that required eight staples to close, police said.