A man was found dead after an overnight blaze in South Philadelphia.

The Philadelphia Fire Department said the victim was found on the 2nd floor of the home on the 2500 block of South Warnock Street.

Firefighters were called to the scene shortly after 11 p.m. Thursday and it took crews about half an hour to extinguish the blaze.

The fire department said the victim was an adult male, but no other identifying information was available.

Fire Commissioner Derrick Sawyer told reporters at the scene the blaze may be considered suspicious, though the cause remains unknown and is under investigation.

"We have located multiple points of fire in the dwelling," he said.

No other injuries were reported. The blaze didn't spread to any other homes, but heavy smoke set off multiple other alarms on the block.

In other overnight fires, a woman was badly burned in a Germantown high-rise fire, while a firefighter was hurt responding to a scene in North Philadelphia.

Crews were called to the apartment fire on the 6100 block of Morris Street just before 1 a.m. Friday, when a fire broke out on the eighth floor, the fire department said.

A woman suffered third-degree burns to 60 percent of her body was taken to Temple University Hospital, fire officials said.

No one else was injured and the fire, which was put under control at 1:43 a.m., didn't spread to any other floors of the complex.

Firefighters responded to a blaze at a home on the 1800 block of North Taylor Street shortly before 12:20 a.m. and extinguished it in about 25 minutes, according to the fire department.

The department was later called back to the scene at 3:22 a.m. when smoke was scene coming from the roof.

One firefighter suffered not-life-threatening injuries after crews returned to the scene. The firefighter was taken to Temple's hospital, where he was treated and released.

The blaze was ultimately declared under control at 3:35 a.m. No other injuries were reported.

The causes of both fires remain under investigation.