Philadelphia ended the year with three women being wounded in two shooting attacks on New Year's Eve, police said.

Shortly after 4:15 p.m. in the 4400 block of North Seventh Street in Hunting Park, two women were injured by shotgun blasts fired by a 40-year-old man standing on his porch, police said.

A 29-year-old woman suffered wounds to her face, neck, and shoulder, and was transported to Temple University Hospital. A 58-year-old woman was struck in the shoulder and was transported to Einstein Medical Center. Both were listed in stable condition.

Police said the man, who may suffer from a mental illness, was arrested and the gun was recovered.

Shortly after 10 a.m., a 75-year-old woman was shot in the face during a robbery in the 7100 block of Erdrick Street in Mayfair, police said.

The woman was taken to Aria Health-Torresdale Campus, where she was reported in stable condition. The robber, who remained at large, took the woman's purse.

Earlier Thursday, a 21-year-old man was fatally shot about 12:20 a.m. in North Philadelphia.

Police said the man was apparently riding a bike when he was shot on the 3100 block of North 25th Street. He was found unresponsive on the 2500 block of West Clearfield Street, police said, and taken to Temple University Hospital. He was pronounced dead there at 12:40 a.m.

The victim's name was withheld pending family notifications. The motive for the shooting remained unknown and no arrests had been made.

In a separate incident, a suspect in an armed home invasion accidentally shot himself in North Philadelphia on Wednesday, police said.

Around 11:15 p.m., two armed men entered a home on the 2500 block of North Bancroft Street.

A 38-year-old woman told police that the intruders pointed guns at her head and demanded money. They took her iPhone 5 and $380 from her purse, police said.

One of the suspects also threatened the woman's 7-year-old son, police said, telling the boy to "stop crying and get back in the room" while pointing a gun at him. The suspect, a 23-year-old man, then shot himself in the left leg as he tried to put his gun in his pants, police said.

The intruders fled, and officers later found the wounded suspect in the emergency room at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center. The victim was taken to the hospital, where she identified the suspect, police said.

The suspect had not been formally charged as of Thursday morning. His name was not released. 215-854-5983 @RobertMoran215