FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP, N.J. - A 28-year-old woman was reported in an induced coma and on a ventilator Sunday from serious burns suffered in a bonfire mishap on Thanksgiving Day.

Franklin Township police said Taylor Lanthier, of Lindenwold, was at a home when she poured gasoline on a bonfire about 3 a.m. Thursday. The flames traveled up into the can, causing it to explode.

Lanthier was taken to the burn-treatment center at Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Upland.

Family members said she will soon undergo surgery to perform skin grafts.

- ASSOCIATED PRESS