Hospital: No E-cigs
A New York hospital is reinforcing its ban on electronic cigarettes after a patient on oxygen was burned by a fire that erupted while she was puffing on one of the devices.
Syracuse Fire Department officials say the exact cause of last month's fire at St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center has not been determined. However, hospital officials say the patient had a battery-powered e-cigarette, which uses a heating element to vaporize nicotine.
Officials say the victim, whose name was not released, had first- and second-degree burns across her face, but is home and doing well.
St. Joseph's has had a policy that prohibits tobacco and tobacco-product use inside its buildings for several years, said spokeswoman. Vicki VanSlyke.
E-cigarettes were not specifically identified in the policy but are now, she said.
2 executions halted
An Oklahoma inmate's execution set for Tuesday was canceled after a stay order from the state Supreme Court.
Clayton Lockett, 38, was scheduled to die by lethal injection for the 1999 shooting death of 19-year-old Stephanie Nieman. The order also canceled the scheduled April 29 execution of inmate Charles Warner, 46, convicted in the 1997 death of his roommate's 11-month-old daughter. - AP
3 held in drug theft