Mubarak, sons enter pleas for retrial
Ousted President Hosni Mubarak and his two sons pleaded not guilty Saturday in the first session of their retrial on corruption charges. The three are charged with spending more than $14 million in state money on their private residences.
Mubarak, who ruled Egypt for nearly 30 years until a popular revolution forced him from power in 2011, received a three-year sentence on the charges last year. His sons, Alaa and Gamal, were sentenced to four years each. The verdicts were overturned in January and a retrial was ordered. The court said the retrial would resume April 29. - Deutsche Presse-Agentur
North Korea fired short-range projectiles into the sea for a second consecutive day Friday in an apparent protest against ongoing U.S.-South Korean military drills, South Korean officials said. Four projectiles with a range of 87 miles were fired into waters off North Korea's west coast on Friday, South Korea's joint chiefs of staff said in a statement. - AP
Former President Fidel Castro, 88, visited a school near his home in Havana, appearing in public for the first time in 14 months, Cuban media reported Saturday. Photos of him were in the Communist Party publication Granma. - Deutsche Presse-Agentur