Fire from a cooking stove heavily damaged the Houlihan's restaurant in Bala Cynwyd during the dinner hour Wednesday.
Fire officials said one person was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. Flames got into the ceiling and heavy smoke spread as far as an 11-story office building next door. Both the restaurant and the office building were evacuated. The fire was reported at 5:45 p.m.
Lower Merion Fire Chief Chas McGarvey said the restaurant, 555 E. City Ave., was likely to be closed for "some time" because of the damage.