More than two dozen alleged members of a violent Atlantic City drug gang have been arrested following an 8-month investigation targeting the "800 Blok" drug organization.
Members of the Atlantic City Violent Crime Task Force spread out across the resort town early this morning and arrested 18 men. Authorities had previously arrested six additional suspects, said Attorney General Jeffrey S. Chiesa.
"They call themselves the 800 Blok gang, but they don't confine their drug dealing and violence to one block or even one section of Atlantic City," said Chiesa in a statement. "Instead, they are the driving force behind a majority of the gang-related shootings and homicides plagueing the city, along with the rival Dirty Blok gang."
The "800 Blok" organization allegedly used gun violence and threats of violence to control its turf and settle scores with rivals, said Chiesa. The organization was named after the 800 block of Maryland Ave. where they were based, an area that authorities said was "very protected and difficult to infiltrate."
The organization would stop at nothing to carry out its business, said Colonel Rick Fuentes, Superintendent of the New Jersey State Police.
"High-ranking members of this gang would not hesitate to murder anyone who stood in their way," Fuentes said.
Chiesa said the investigation foiled at least one murder plot. Shawn Pettis, 28, who allegedly dealt large volumes of cocaine and heroin, was arrested after buying a stolen .380-calibre hand gun for killing that was supposed to happen at an Atlantic City hotel. Pettis is being held on $750,000 bail at the Atlantic City jail. The task force also arrested Razzaq Shannon, 21, who is being held on $1 million bail in connection with a July 8 slaying.
Following is a list of all those arrested in "Operation Blok Buster."
- Shawn Pettis, 28, Conspiracy to Commit Murder, Weapons Offenses, Distribution of Cocaine/Heroin, Conspiracy to Distribute Cocaine/Heroin
- Robert Creek, 33, Distribution of Heroin
- Asmar Coley, 34, Distribution of Cocaine
- Vanuel Gray, 35, Distribution of Heroin
- Shahied Page, 36, of Pleasantville, Distribution of Heroin
- Isiah Pettis, 21, Distribution of Cocaine/ Heroin, Conspiracy to Distribute Cocaine/Heroin
- Rashad Stephens, 22, Distribution of Heroin
- Shawn Williams, 30, Distribution of Cocaine
- Aarod Moore, 21, Distribution of Cocaine
- Derrick Deans, 53, Distribution of Prescription Pain Pills/Conspiracy to Distribute Pain Pills
- Leon Henry, 25, Distribution of Heroin, Conspiracy to Distribute Heroin
- Samuel Dunmore, 27, Distribution of Cocaine
- Keith Cundiff, 28, Distribution of Heroin
- Eric Teasley, 21, Distribution of Heroin
- Lawrence Rooks, 25, Distribution of Cocaine
- Derick Johnson, 45, Distribution of Heroin
- Robert Davis, 44, Distribution of Heroin
- Julius Bing, 33, Distribution of Heroin
- Javar Bing, 31, Distribution of Heroin
- Keith Jackson, 36, Distribution of Heroin
- "Marcus" [Full Name Unknown], Distribution of Cocaine
- "K" [Full Name Unknown], Distribution of Cocaine