COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Flyers salvaged a point with a third-period comeback, but their losing streak at Nationwide Arena grew on Saturday night.

Columbus goalie Joonas Korpisalo, making his third career start, outdueled Steve Mason in a shootout as the Blue Jackets prevailed, 3-2. Mason made 35 saves and was outstanding during the 65 minutes.

Brandon Dubinsky, involved in a controversial play earlier in the game, scored the winner in the sixth round of the shootout, beating Mason to the glove side.

In the shootout's fourth and fifth rounds, Flyers forwards Scott Laughton and Matt Read had chances to win it, but were stopped on their attempts as Korpisalo notched his first NHL win.

It was Columbus' seventh straight home victory over the Flyers since 2008.

"You take the positives. We come back and get a big point out of the third period," said Mason, whose team overcame a 2-0 deficit on late goals from Laughton and Jake Voracek. "It would have been nice to close it out in the shootout, obviously. We had a couple chances, but we'll take the one point and focus on our next game before the break."

The Flyers, who have points in nine of their last 11 games, are 1-3 in shootouts this season, and an NHL-worst 31-65 in franchise history.

"It's tough to lose in a shootout, but I thought we showed a lot of character in coming back," Laughton said.

Voracek continued to excel at his new position (left wing), knotting the score with 5 minutes, 41 seconds left in regulation on his second goal in the three games since he changed lines and positions.

Taking a pass from Sean Couturier, Voracek beat Korpisalo with a left-circle shot to the far side for his third goal of the season.

Fifty seconds later, Mason (35 saves) kept the game tied by stopping Matt Calvert on a breakaway.

With 3:04 remaining in regulation, Voracek nearly gave the Flyers the lead against his ex-team. Alone in front after a slick pass from Michael Del Zotto, Voracek was denied by Korpisalo.

Columbus outshot the Flyers, 37-32.

Laughton, helped by R.J. Umberger's screen, scored from the right circle to cut the Blue Jackets' lead to 2-1 with 14:28 left. It was Laughton's fourth goal and first in 17 games.

"It feels like it's been a year. It had been a month and a half . . . and it was nice to get the monkey off my back," Laughton said.

The Blue Jackets took advantage of two power plays - technically, one had just ended - to take a 2-0 lead into the third period.

With 1:14 to go in the first period, Dubinsky kneed Voracek into the side boards. Wayne Simmonds went after Dubinsky, winning a one-sided fight but losing the penalty-minutes war. Simmonds received 17 penalty minutes for the second time in three games - two for instigating, five for fighting, and a 10-minute misconduct. Dubinsky got five minutes for fighting and two for kneeing.

Afterward, Simmonds was fuming that Dubinsky didn't get a major penalty for kneeing.

"From where I was standing, Jake had him beat clearly, and he did it on purpose," said Simmonds, whose team had two power plays - four fewer than Columbus.