Omar Samhan scored 24 points to lead five players in double figures, and St. Mary's held off Hawaii, 84-75, in the third-place game of the Diamond Head Classic in Honolulu, Hawaii, last night.

UNLV faced Southern Cal later in the championship game.

Mickey McConnell scored 17 points, Ben Allen added 15 and Matthew Dellavedova and Clint Steindl each had 12 for the Gaels (11-2).

Samhan also grabbed seven rebounds before fouling out in the final minutes.

Dwain Williams scored 36 points to lead the Rainbow Warriors (6-6).

St. Mary's led by as many as 16 points with 5 minutes, 49 seconds to play, but Hawaii pulled to within 79-73 on Williams' three-pointer with 24 seconds left. But the Gaels, who were 29 of 31 from the foul line, hit five of their last six free throws to hold on.

St. Mary's capitalized with 30 points off 16 Hawaii turnovers.

Western Michigan 66, Charleston 63 - David Kool scored 16 points and Martelle McLemore had 15 to lift the Broncos (6-5) over the Cougars (6-6) in the fifth-place game of the Diamond Head Classic.

Donald Lawson added 10 points and 10 rebounds for Western Michigan.

Jeremy Simmons and Andrew Goudelock each scored 17 points, and Tony White Jr. added 16 for Charleston, which led by as many as 11 points midway through the first half.

After McLemore hit a three-pointer with 2:33 left to give Western Michigan a 64-60 lead, Donovan Monroe answered from three-point range for the Cougars, but the Broncos grabbed three offensive rebounds to run down the clock.

Kool hit two free throws with 15 seconds left to seal it.

Western Michigan shot just 38 percent from the field but made 10 of 24 from behind the arc.

Northeastern 73, SMU 62 - Matt Janning had 16 points, eight rebounds and six assists to lead the Huskies (3-7) over the Mustangs (4-6) in the seventh-place game of the Diamond Head Classic.

Northeastern got 15 points from Chaisson Allen and 14 from Nkem Ojougboh. Manny Adako added 10 points and six rebounds.

Derek Williams led SMU with 19 points.

The Mustangs trailed throughout and fell behind by as many as 16 with 9:47 left in the second half.

Northeastern shot 57 percent from the field, going 5 of 12 on three-point attempts. SMU was just 3 of 12 from behind the arc.

The Mustangs, who trailed 40-27 at halftime, cut it to 61-54 with 4:36 to play after Rodney Clinkscales' three-pointer, but Adako scored the next six points for the Huskies to seal it.