Jon Diebler matched an Ohio State record with nine three-pointers, scoring a career-high 29 points and leading the second-ranked Buckeyes past visiting Florida Gulf Coast, 83-55, last night.
Diebler, who has now made a school-best 291 shots behind the arc, shot 9-for-14 on threes.
William Buford became the 47th Buckeyes player to reach the 1,000-point career mark, finishing with 17 points. Jared Sullinger added 11 for Ohio State (9-0).
Chase Fieler had 12 points and Anthony Banks 10 for the Eagles (2-6).
Diebler made three three-pointers in an 11-0 run in the first half that put the Buckeyes in command.
His nine threes were a Value City Arena record. He matched the Ohio State record held by Jay Burson.
The Buckeyes took control early and never let up, thanks to Diebler.
The Eagles were intent on preventing Sullinger, who scored a school freshman-record 40 points last week against IUPUI, from beating them. As a result, they tried to pack the middle as much as possible.
Sullinger wasn't a factor, picking up two fouls and playing only 9 minutes in the first 20 minutes while scoring only two points.
In other games:
* At Baylor, LaceDarius Dunn scored 24 points, Quincy Acy had 14 points with 10 rebounds and the ninth-ranked Bears (7-0) routed Bethune-Cookman, 83-39.
* At Minnesota, Blake Hoffarber scored 13 points to surpass 1,000 for his career, Trevor Mbakwe added 13 points and 13 rebounds and the No. 21 Gophers (10-1) beat Akron, 66-58.
* At Wake Forest, Travis McKie had 16 points and 14 rebounds and the Demon Deacons (6-4) beat North Carolina-Greensboro, 69-67.
* At Rider, Justin Robinson scored 22 points to lead the Broncs (7-5) over Monmouth, 74-54.
* At Nevada-Las Vegas, James Nunnally's 23 points led UC Santa Barbara to a 68-62 victory over the No. 22 Runnin' Rebels.
In a women's game:
* At Florida State, Cierra Bravard had 14 points and 10 rebounds and the No. 17 Seminoles (9-1) cruised to a 69-51 win over Central Florida.
* Missouri point guard Michael Dixon has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules.
* Tennessee sophomore forward Jeronne Maymon was academically cleared to play with the Volunteers when they travel to Charlotte tomorrow. He transferred after playing nine games for Marquette last season.