ON SUNDAY NIGHT, Eagles coach Chip Kelly uttered the now famous words: "We're from Philadelphia and we fight."
That got us to thinking about other notable quotes involving the Eagles. Here's a sampling:
* Freddie Mitchell after making fourth-and-26 catch: "I'd like to thank my hands for being so great."
* Ricky Watters: "For who? For what?"
* Randall Cunningham: "Let me be me."
* Donovan McNabb about Terrell Owens' criticism of the quarterback's performance in a loss to the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXIX: "Just keep my name out of your mouth."
* Buddy Ryan upon accepting the job as head coach: "You've got a winner in town."
* Mike McCormack in response to Tom Brookshier asking how many dogs were on the roster: "If you're talking about real mutts, I'd say two."
* Buddy Ryan describing owner Norman Braman: "The man from France."
* Dick Vermeil was annoyed by the noise contruction workers were making while building a stage for a 1978 Rolling Stones concert at JFK Stadium where the Eagles practiced. Asked if he was a fan of the Rolling Stones, Vermeil said: "No, but my kids read their magazine."
* Buddy Ryan summing up five seasons with Eagles: "Three playoff games, offense couldn't piss a drop."
* Dick Vermeil when asked if he planned to watch the royal wedding of Lady Di and Prince Charles: "The what?"
* Andy Reid: "Time's yours."
* Joe Kuharich: "Trading quarterbacks is a rarity, but not unusual."
* Vince Young describing 2011 Eagles: "Dream team."