* Ville Leino took a devastating midice hip check from Blackhawks defenseman Brian Campbell only 7 minutes, 16 seconds into the game. He sat out much of the rest of the first period, but recovered well enough to score the game-winner.
* Would the Blackhawks really have been given a two-man advantage in the third period of a finals game if the score hadn't been 4-1? What would a team leading a finals game 4-1 have to do to get a late power play? Discuss.
* The Flyers' late sloppiness detracted from Michael Leighton's evening, but he made some big stops, including a deflection when the score was 4-3. Much earlier, with the Flyers leading, just 1-0, Leighton made a pair of strong stops on Tomas Kopecky.
* The second period was really, really dull. The Flyers seemed satisfied with a two-goal lead and the Blackhawks looked as if they wanted to go home.
* Another record crowd, 20,304 wearing orange.
* In series tied 2-2, the Flyers are 12-7 all-time in Game 5, and have gone on to win 13 of 19 series.
* At the point when Leino's shot trickled past Antti Niemi, giving the Flyers a 4-1 lead 6:43 into the third, the Flyers had scored four times on only 21 shots.