* La Salle is at Bucknell on Saturday in an interesting matchup between one-loss teams that are very efficient on offense - Bucknell scores 1.09 points per possession (35th in Division I) while La Salle is at 1.08 PPP (47th).
* Villanova is maximizing its chances by getting to the foul line (287 attempts) while doing a decent job of not fouling (234 attempts). The Wildcats host Delaware on Sunday. Monte Ross' team is way better than its 3-7 record, but has been hurt by a brutal schedule and injuries.
* Temple is off over the weekend, but has Alcorn State at home Monday. That is part of the Chevrolet Gotham Classic in which the Owls get three homes and a game against Syracuse on Dec. 22 at Madison Square Garden. Alcorn (2-6) scores just .83 PPP (346 of 347) and that does not figure to improve after they play at Arkansas on Saturday.
* Saint Joseph's is off until Dec. 22. If the Hawks want to get anywhere, they need to beat some good teams on the road. This core group is just 8-21 in true road games over two plus seasons and doesn't have any what would be called "good" road wins.
* Drexel is at Fairfield on Sunday. Sydney Johnson, the former Princeton coach, has the Stags at 6-5 against a very difficult schedule.
* Penn is off until Dec. 21. The Quakers are getting just .91 PPP (294th).
- Dick Jerardi