The MLB offseason requires a lot of round-ups, in case you haven't noticed. As teams make decisions today, the non-tender deadline, keep track here (until the next 'Arbitration tendering free agent GM meetings deadline' or whatever).
- The Phillies will be tendering or not tendering contracts to Kendrick, John Mayberry, Ben Revere, Antonio Bastardo, and Kevin Frandsen. Kendrick, Bastardo, and Revere are very likely to be retained, as is Mayberry, who Ruben Amaro admitted he planned on tendering. Frandsen's fate is not known.
- Yankees have formally announced their two-year deal with a mutual option for Brendan Ryan.
- Scott Kazmir is about to picked up by the Athletics, taking another starting pitcher off the board.
- The Orioles are trying to trade closer Jim Johnson, with the among the first teams Dodgers showing interest.
- The Yankees have made Hiroki Kuroda an offer, predicted to be $15-16 million, not much higher than the qualifying offer Kuroda turned down ($14.1 million).
- That Willie Bloomquist/Mariners deal from before? It's for two years, $5-6 million.
- The A's are pretty sure they won't be able to convince Bartolo Colon to stay, and had even pursued Tim Hudson as a remedy until his signing with the Giants. Colon is said to be getable for a lower amount of years than Bronson Arroyo.
- Gammons is hinting that the Royals are in hot, hot pursuit of Carlos Beltran.
- The in-on-everybody Mariners are finally close to signing somebody. Unfortunately, that somebody isn't Jacoby Ellsbury or Shin-Soo Choo. It's Willie Bllomquist.
- Peter Gammons says the Rangers are thinking about Neftali Feliz for their closer in 2014.
- Apparently, that $300 million price tag was all a big misunderstanding for Robinson Cano and the Yankees. That said, they're still about $80 million away from a deal.
- In response to their trade for Chris Stewart, the Pirates have DFA'd C Mike McKenry.
- The Padres' lack of discussion with 3B Chase Headley doesn't mean they are looking to trade him, says Peter Gammons.