The Sixers will be the seventh NBA team to be sold in the last 2 years:
* Michael Jordan, a minority owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, buys the team from majority owner Robert Johnson for $175 million.
* Mikhail Prokhorov agrees to pay $260 million to current owner Bruce Ratner for an 80 percent stake in the New Jersey Nets and 45 percent stake in the long-delayed arena the Nets expect to build and move to in Brooklyn. He also has an option to purchase 20 percent of the surrounding real estate development Ratner plans to build.
* Boston Celtics minority partner Joe Lacob and Mandalay Entertainment CEO Peter Guber buy the Golden State Warriors from Chris Cohan for $450 million.
* Former AOL executive Ted Leonsis purchases a majority share of the Washington Wizards from the Polin family for $551 million.
* The NBA takes over ownership of the New Orleans Hornets for $310 million.
* Karen Davidson sells Palace Sports and Entertainment (PS&E) and the Detroit Pistons to Tom Gores and his investment firm, Platinum Equity. Financial figures were never released, but it was believed to be less than $420 million they were seeking.