10 for the Road
10 for the Road You can plan now to attend these weekend events, occurring within a few weeks and within a day's drive of Philadelphia.
10 for the Road
You can plan now to attend these weekend events, occurring within a few weeks and within a day's drive of Philadelphia.
1. 29th Annual Quechee Hot Air Balloon, Craft, and Music Festival. June 13-15. Quechee, Vt. Featuring 20 hot air balloons, craftwork from local artisans, and live music by regional entertainers. www.quecheeballoonfestival.com; 1-800-295-5451.
2. Cambridge River Festival. June 14. Cambridge, Mass. Celebration of the arts along the bank of the Charles River, with examples of public art, such as murals and sculptures; hundreds of entertainers; and more than 100 craftspeople and specialty food vendors. 617-349-4380; www.cambridgeartscouncil.org.
3. Lake Placid Film Forum. June 12-15. Lake Placid, N.Y. International film showcase, including seminars and film viewings. www.lakeplacidfilmforum.com; 518-523-3456.
4. 40th Annual Heritage Days Festival. June 14-15. Cumberland, Md. Encampments, historic tours, steam-train rides, arts and crafts, and a carnival. www.heritagedaysfestival.com; 301-722-0037.
5. 53rd Annual Boardwalk Art Show and Festival. June 12-15. Virginia Beach, Va. One of the oldest and most respected outdoor art shows on the East Coast, including fine art, shopping, and family-friendly entertainment. www.cacv.org; 757-425-0000.
6. The Great Connecticut Cajun/Zydeco Music and Arts Festival. June 13-15. East Haddam, Conn. Authentic Cajun food and music, plus dancing, swimming, boating, volleyball, and horseback riding. www.sunriseresort.com; 1-800-225-9033.
7. LARAC June Arts Festival. June 14-15. Glens Falls, N.Y. A juried arts and crafts show, with more than 200 exhibitors, along with food, music and activities. www.larac.org; 518-798-1144.
8. JAMbra Neighborhood Cultural Festival. June 14. Lowell, Mass. Curated art show, antique car show, music, food, and other fun activities. www.revolvingmuseum.org; 978-937-2787.
9. Vermont Culinary Classic. June 13-22. Stowe, Vt. Discover the culinary world of Vermont, including farming, foraging, and local cheese production. www.vermontculinaryclassic.com; 802-253-7321.
10. 22nd Annual Best Friend Festival. June 10-14. Norton, Va. A celebration of friendship for young and old, including gospel singing, a car show, a children's fishing day, a karaoke contest, a flea market, and music. 276-679-0961. www.wisecountychamber.org.
- Elizabeth Fox