KISSIMMEE, Fla. — Kevin Molino scored in the seventh-minute of second-half stoppage time as Minnesota United rallied with two late goals to beat Sporting Kansas City 2-1 on Sunday night in the MLS is Back tournament.

The opener of Group D was highly entertaining and switched midway through the second half after Sporting Kansas City was the dominant side early in the match. Minnesota stole the victory with two goals in stoppage time as Kansas City was unable to hold on after going down to 10-men.

Minnesota pulled even in the second-minute of stoppage time after Jan Gregus' free kick into the penalty area was directed into the net by Kansas City's Khiry Shelton for an own goal. Five minutes later, in the final minute of stoppage time, Molino's left-footed shot beat backup Kansas City goalkeeper Richard Sanchez to give the Loons the victory.

Kansas City was reduced to 10-men after goalkeeper Tim Melia was shown a red card for a tackle on Minnesota's Aaron Schoenfeld in the 74th minute. Even before Melia was sent off, the Loons had taken control of the match. Ethan Finlay appeared to pull Minnesota even in the 64th minute but the goal was overturned on video review after Molino was ruled offside. Schoenfeld hit the crossbar moments later and Hassani Dotson's open header in the 90th minute sailed over the crossbar.

Minnesota played without star defender Ike Opara, midfielder Osvaldo Alonso and scratched Luis Amarilla after he sustained groin injury in pregame warmups.

Shelton gave Kansas City the lead in the 43rd minute after a goalkeeping mistake by Minnesota's Tyler Miller. But Kansas City was unable to capitalize on its dominance over the first 60 minutes.

Minnesota (3-0-0) remained unbeaten on the season after opening the year with wins over Portland and San Jose prior to the MLS season coming to a stop in March.

Kansas City (2-1-0) opened the season with a pair of wins over Vancouver and Houston.

Real Salt Lake 2, Colorado Rapids 0

Albert Rusnak scored on a rebound in the first half, Damir Kreilach added a goal late in the second half and Real Salt Lake extended its dominance of Colorado with a 2-0 win Sunday night.

The Rocky Mountain showdown on the first night of action in Group D of the MLS is Back tournament remained one-sided. Real Salt Lake won for the 10th time in the past 13 matches against Colorado dating to 2015. The Rapids have managed just two wins and one draw against RSL during that span.

Rusnak was heavily involved in all the action for RSL. He scored in the 27th minute to give RSL the early advantage, collecting a deflected cross and slipping the rebound past Colorado goalkeeper Clint Irwin and defender Drew Moor.

Rusnak failed on a chance to extend RSL's lead in the 70th minute after Irwin tackled Douglas Martinez and a penalty was awarded. Irwin made up for the foul by saving Rusnak's penalty and also denied Nick Besler's rebound attempt.

But RSL opened a two-goal advantage when Irwin was unable to reach Kreilach's shot from the top of the penalty area minutes later.

It was the first win of the season for RSL (1-0-2), who started with draws against Orlando City and New York Red Bulls prior to the league's shutdown in March.

Colorado had just four shots on target and its best chance didn't come until late in the match when Kellyn Acosta's deflected shot from distance became a difficult save for RSL goalkeeper Zac MacMath.

It was the first loss of the season for Colorado (2-1-0) after the Rapids opened with wins over D.C. United and Orlando City.