Former Officer Richard DeCoatsworth, charged this weekend for allegedly raping two women, has been quite the quote machine over the years. Here's a look through his quote file, care of reporter Stephanie Farr.
1. "It's a lot better than it looks."
-After leaving the hospital on Oct. 2, 2007 after he was shot in the face.
2. "This is what I've signed up for: to take people like this off the street ... My biggest concern at that time was 'Who is he going to do this to next?"Another officer? An innocent Child? An innocent bystander?' That's really the motivation that was keeping me going. ...I'm a human being," he said. "You get emotional, you get upset, you get angry. But like I said, you have to tuck those things away. That's one of the hardest things to do in this job is to keep your emotions aside from your work."
3. DeCoatsworth told reporters he was "very pleased with the decision the judge made. That young man's life is over now. He's going to have to find some way to get used to his new home. I'm sure the guys up there (in state prison) can't wait to meet him. So we're all excited about that."
-On June 25, 2008, after sentencing for the man who shot him.
4. "It seems every time I make progress, something drags me back to the past."
-On June 25, 2008, during the sentencing for the man who shot him, DeCoatsworth told the judge:.
5. "As opposed to sitting in my patrol car and waiting for you to dial 9-1-1 and say 'Hey, somebody just robbed me,' I'd like to stop that bad guy before he stuck a gun in your face."