Before you cook it up this year, here are important safety rules for gas grills.
Correct grill use:
1. When lighting a grill, keep the top open.
2. Before connecting cylinder to a grill burner, use a leak-detection mixture (half water, half liquid soap) to check for tightness.
3. Do not use lit objects to check for leaks.
4. Do not allow children to play with grill.
5. Do not smoke while handling a propane cylinder. 6. When grill is off, cover disconnected hose-end fittings with plastic bags or caps.
7. Follow manufacturer's instructions.
8. Never pour an accelerant (lighter fluid or gas) on grill.
9. When finished grilling, turn off burner controls and close cylinder valve.
Proper cylinder handling:
1. When the cylinder is refilled, check for dents, damage, rust or leaks.
2. After filling or exchanging cylinder, take home in a ventilated vehicle with valve closed and capped.
3. Always use or store cylinders in an upright (vertical) position.
4. Do not use, store or transport cylinders near high temperatures. *