A 14-year-old boy was killed and a 15-year-old girl was wounded in a shooting Friday afternoon on a residential block in the city’s Summerdale section, police said.

Shortly before 4 p.m., police responded to a shooting on the 800 block of Bridge Street and found the boy, who lived in the area, shot once in the chest, said Capt. John Walker, commanding officer of the Shooting Investigation Group.

The boy, whose identify was not released, was transported by medics to Einstein Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 4:15 p.m.

The girl, who was struck in the face near her right eye, was listed in stable condition at Jefferson Frankford Hospital.

The teens were standing on the sidewalk with some other young people when a blue vehicle, possibly a Chevrolet, drove by heading east and someone inside the car opened fire, Walker said.

The girl ran around the corner and was seen by a passing “Good Samaritan” driver who took her to the hospital, Walker said.

There were other people, including adults, sitting on the rowhouse porches enjoying the warm weather when the gunfire erupted, but no one else was hurt, Walker said.

Neither the intended target nor the motive for the shooting was immediately clear, Walker said.

The shootings came amid an ongoing surge in gun violence in Philadelphia. There have been more than 1,000 people shot in the city so far this year, according to the city controller’s office.

As of late Thursday night, the city reported 222 homicides so far this year, down slightly compared to 236 for the same period last year.

Almost at the same time as the teens were shot in Summerdale on Friday, two men were wounded in a separate shooting in nearby Frankford.

The men, ages 35 and 34, were outside on the 1500 block of Womrath Street when someone shot at them from a passing car, Walker said.

One of the victims had a gun and fired back, Walker said.

Both men were taken to Temple University Hospital, and were listed in stable condition with leg wounds.

Forty-five spent shell casings were found at the scene. No arrests were reported.