A 26-year-old man who used spyware on his cheating father, who later turned up dead, was charged with his dad's murder in Delaware County today, nearly four years after it occurred.

The Delaware County District Attorney's Office is holding a 2 p.m. news conference to discuss the murder charges against Parth Ingle for the beating and stabbing death of his father, Arunkumar Ingle, at the family's Middletown Township home on Jan. 21, 2008.

In Dec. 2008, Parth and his sister, Avnee, were each charged with computer crimes by state police for hacking into their dad's email account and placing a hidden GPS tracking unit on his car to track his extramarital affairs.

On Dec. 14 of this year, Parth Ingle was sentenced to two years probation and community service after a jury found him guilty of unlawful use of a computer. Avnee Ingle was acquitted of her charges at trial.

Back in 2008, State Trooper Robert Kirby told the Daily Newsthat Arunkumar Ingle's death was not a random crime.

"Mister Ingle was killed definitely by someone he knows - well," Kirby said at the time.

Update: While waiting for the news conference to start, Daily Delco scribe Bill Bender is poring over the 25-page arrest affidavit for Parth Ingle. Among new information in the court documents is that the Delaware County Medical Examiner found bruising to Arunkumar Ingle's testicles during an autopsy, even though Ingle's cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head and multiple stab wounds.

Authorities who searched Parth Ingle's Chester County residence in the days after the slaying found traces of human DNA in a sink trap and they could not exclude Arunkumar Ingle as the contributor of that DNA, according to court documents.

Finally, Bill reports that the arrest affidavit says Arunkumar Ingle had mutliple life insurance policies in his name totaling more than $1 million and his son, wife and daughter were listed as beneficiaries.

Still no indication why it took police almost four years to charge Parth Ingle with his father's killing.