'Nova's Yarou named Big 5 player of week
Villanova junior forward Mouph Yarou has been named Big 5 player of the week.
Yarou had a double-double of 21 points and 11 rebounds in the Wildcats' win over Penn.
On the Big 5 men's honor roll:
• La Salle junior guard Ramon Galloway, who averaged 17.5 points, 7 rebounds, 2.5 assists, and 2 steals as the Explorers had a 2-0 week.
• Temple junior guard Khalif Wyatt, who scored a season-high 23 points and had a career-high 7 assists in the Owls' win over Central Michigan.
Villanova junior forward Laura Sweeney was named Big 5 women's player of the week. Sweeney scored a career-high 27 points and had a career-high 13 rebounds in the Wildcats' win over Lehigh. Sweeney also was selected the Big East women's player of the week.
On the Big 5 women's honor roll:
• Saint Joseph's senior guard Michelle Baker, who scored 15 points and had 6 rebounds in a win over Drexel.
• Temple senior guard Shey Peddy, who averaged 21.5 points, 6 rebounds, and 4.5 steals in a 1-1 week.
• La Salle junior guard Brittany Wilson, who averaged 18.5 points per game in a 0-2 week. She scored 24 against Villanova.