Here's your daily look at five stories to know about:
1. Schools funding: Philadelphia School District leaders are slated to testify at a City Council budget hearing today, asking for tens of millions of dollars to avert layoffs and large class sizes.
2. Cinco de Mayo: It's Cinco de Mayo, and if you're still looking for festive food and drink ideas, Philly.com has you covered. A number of events marking the day took place over the weekend, with even more today and later this week.
3. Historic cemetery: A public meeting is scheduled for tonight so city officials can hear community members' concerns about planned renovations at Weccacoe Playground in Queen Village, which sits partially on top of Bethel Burial Ground, one of the most significant African American cemeteries in the country.
4. Keystone XL protest: About 350 environmental groups are planning rally this afternoon in Center City to urge Democratic Pennsylvania Sen. Robert Casey to vote against the Keystone XL pipeline.
5. Chesco trail: Chester County officials are slated to open the latest phase of the Chester Valley trail this evening, adding another section to the region's network of trails.