Five things to know about the Flyers today
Five things to know today about the surging Flyers (19-10-3), whose 10-game winning streak is their longest since 1985 - and three shy of equaling the franchise record:
1. Defenseman Andrew MacDonald played a team-high 24:32 in Wednesday's draining 4-3 win over host Colorado. It was his highest total of the season, and he picked up an assist and was plus-1. MacDonald has four assists in his last six games, and is plus-5 over his last seven games.
2. Steve Mason is the first Flyers goalie to win eight straight starts since Ron Hextall won nine in a row in 1996-97.
3. Pierre-Edouard Bellemare is "even" in the plus-minus ratings over eight December games. That's impressive when you consider he has been usually lined up against an opponent's top scorer.
4. Rookie left winger Taylor Leier picked up his first NHL career point, an assist on Brayden Schenn's game-winning goal on Wednesday.
5. The Flyers' penalty kill is 12 for 12 in the last three games. The top penalty killers against Colorado were MacDonald, Ivan Provorov, Bellemare, and Chris VandeVelde. Overall, Provorov has played 24-plus minutes in each of the last two games.