Five things you need to know about the 76ers today:
1. The Sixers can sleep well at night knowing they are not the Brooklyn Nets. The teams are tied for last place in the NBA with 7-22 records. While the Sixers will have at least one first-round pick in 2017, the Boston Celtics have the right to take Brooklyn's first-round pick in exchange for two second rounders.
2. Nerlens Noel hasn't had many shots in the past two games but he's made all of them. The reserve center scored a combined eight points on 3-for-3 shooting in those games.
3. The Sixers starting lineup that features Joel Embiid and Jahlil Okafor is one of their least successful in regards to wins and losses. The team is 1-4 with that group. However, they are 3-3 when Robert Covington, Ersan Ilyasova, Joel Embiid, Gerald Henderson and Sergio Rodriguez are the starters. They are 1-0 with Covington, Ilyasova, Okafor, Henderson and T.J. McConnell starting.
4. Today is the anniversary of one of Larry Brown's coaching milestones. The former Sixers coach began the ninth coach in NBA history to reach 800 victories when the Sixers defeated the Los Angeles Clippers, 100-86, on Dec. 26, 2001.
5. The Sixers have made 12 or more three-pointers in 12 different games this season. That ranks fifth in the NBA.