"Philly travelers deserve the amenities of other world-class airports, and a cell-phone lot is one of them."
- Catherine Rossi, spokeswoman for AAA Mid-Atlantic
"Who's laughing now?"
- Bob Green, PhiladelphiaPark Casino & Racetrack owner, on the opening of Parx, a $250 million expanded slots parlor
"Like everybody, we would have preferred a different outcome, and we all worked very hard for that different outcome and we've come up short."
- John Smith, a General Motors Co. vice president, on the collapse of talks aimed at selling Saab
"It shows Google that they are not the kings of the world and they can't do whatever they want."
- Serge Eyrolles, president of France's Syndicat National de l'Edition, on a Paris court's ruling Google broke French law by digitizing books
"As someone who voted to repeal Glass-Steagall, maybe that was a mistake."
- U.S. Rep. Steny Hoyer (D., Md.), on talk of reviving the Depression-era Glass-Steagall Act, which barred bank holding companies from owning other financial companies
"Yahoo! Now that's what I'm talking about. It got in the air and it stayed there."
- Boeing Co. mechanic Robert Brockert, watching the maiden flight of Boeing's 787 Dreamliner
"While we understand that Fox Chase's inability to expand at its present location may have negative economic consequences, this is not a consideration."
- Pa. Commonwealth Court Judge Renee Cohn Jubelirer, upholding a ruling to bar Fox Chase Cancer Center from expanding into neighboring Burholme Park